Friday, April 21, 2006

Back again!

I am sorry that it has taken me this long to make a new post, but I had a lot of things going on at work, hopefully this post will make up for the days I missed! Gomen nasai ごめんなさい!

I was watching the Japanese channel a few nights ago and a music award show came on, and one of the performers was a girl named Yui, and she was great! She performed an acoustic version of her song “Feel my soul” and not only was her singing great, but she can also play the guitar extremely well! So for today’s post I thought that I would put her video on here and choose some words from the song to translate. I got the translation from http://www.corichan.com/ , so please check out this site, they have a lot of J-pop lyric translations there.

Well the first word is a happy word, its egao えがお, it means “Smiling face”. Now on to a more depressing word, kizu きず, which means scar or wound. The next word is a good word to know, its yume ゆめ, it means dream. I thought that I would finish with a word you might hear or use a lot, its ima いま, it means right now or present. Well I hope these words were interesting or helpful, I will try not to be late again with my post, mata ashita! Noah

No comments: