Tuesday, March 28, 2006

My favorite things from Japan

A lot of cool stuff comes from Japan, so I thought that I would share some of my favorite things, if you have some favorites, please leave comments, I love to read them! Well first of all, I am a gamer at heart, so one of the best things to come from Japan is Nintendo! Like most people, Mario was my first introduction to gaming, made by a person I consider to be a legend and a genius, Shigeru Miyamoto. Speaking of "legends" he also made my favorite game of all time, "The Legend of Zelda" which I spent many hours of my childhood playing, and even to this day I still play all the new ones as soon as they are released. My second favorite game is "Final Fantasy" which as I understand is HUGE in Japan.

My favorite singer from Japan also happens to be extremely popular, Hikaru Utada, and probably second to her is Puffy Amiyumi. But just recently I have found a singer named Tigarah, her songs are kind of a mix between techno and rap, and it really sounds good to me! Her web page can be found at http://www.velocitymw.com/tigarah/music.htm , check her out if you get the time.

As for TV shows, I like to watch "Kaze no Haruka" and "Firefighter Natsuko", but I can only understand a few words from each of them, so it makes it difficult to understand the stories! Wakaranai! わからない!But its ok, because not being able to understand them makes me want to study even more! Gambatte! がんばって!

Well these are just a few of the many great things from Japan, be sure to comment about your favorites! Noah

No comments: